677 South Avenue, New Canaan, CT 06840
History- Waveny House was constructed in 1912 for the Lewis Lapham family and sits majestically overlooking three hundred acres of Connecticut countryside. The house was designed by W.B. Tubbs of Greenwich. The gardens and grounds were laid out by Frederick Law Olmstead, Jr., of Boston, a well known landscape architect. Mrs. Lapham named Waveny House after the Waveny River in England where Lapham ancestors had once lived.
Waveny House may be rented Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for weddings and receptions, meetings, social events, and cultural activities. Weddings and receptions will include the first floor, kitchen, west porch, terrace and immediate grass grounds, along with two upstairs rooms for the bridal parties. The Library and Billiards Rooms are not available for rental. Waveny House books only one rental per day and available dates may be obtained by calling the New Canaan Recreation Department Office during posted business hours. Attendance for any House use must not exceed a specified number of persons to be determined by the Fire Marshall, taking into account the space used, the kind of function, etc. The Waveny House legal occupancy load on the first floor is: Grand Hall 80; Dining Room 40; Sitting Room 40 for a total of 160.
Find out more about our Wedding catering services, call: 212-966-5666